Hello Readers! Let’s get buffed out!
Today let us ponder 5 significant reasons to consider moving our workout sessions to the early morning! Although many of us may already have a set schedule, trying new things never hurt anyone.
- YOU GET IT OUT OF THE WAY: Although many fitness enthusiasts enjoy working out in the evening to relieve stress after a long day of work or school, not everyone has the guaranteed time to workout in the evening. Whether it’s unscheduled family gatherings that you’re invited to, staying late for work, or catching up with some Grey’s Anatomy/Supernatural, there is always something that seems to get in the way of your exercise regime. Working out in the AM ensures that your workout of the day is finished and anything else to do during the day won’t be such a burden.
- IT ENERGIZES YOU: Say goodbye to morning blues! Working out in the morning jumpstarts your day with some activity, and you don’t show up to work sluggish, still dog-tired from just waking up less than an hour ago. Waking up an hour or two earlier may seem like a drag, but after lugging yourself out of bed and taking the first few steps into your workout (run, gym, etc.), you instantly feel more energetic and ready to go!
- YOUR MOOD WILL INCREASE: We’ve all heard the old expression “working out releases endorphins…” Well, the fact is that this it is true. Endorphins, the feel good hormone in the brain, are released when you put your body through a workout; therefore, every time you workout promptly after waking up, you are setting yourself up for a pleasant day. Would you rather go to work as the same Mr./Ms. Grumpy, or be the life of the office, the person who exclaims “Good morning!” with a smile? Like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde says, “exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don’t shoot their husbands!”
- LESS PEOPLE STEALING YOUR SPACE: Have you ever walked into a gym/track/park ready to bust out some sets, but someone is taking up the equipment/lane you need? Well, by working out in the morning, you will be able to bypass all of these gym hogs and get first dibs on all of the things you want. Sure, sharing is caring but when time is limited after work, because you have to get home to your family, pets, take-home work, or SO, there isn’t time to halt your workout to wait for other people. You COULD interchange alternate exercises, but why do that when you can just wake up a little earlier and use whatever you want?
- ONE MORE REASON TO EAT HEALTHY: Who wants to ruin a good thing? Hopefully, not you! By working out in the morning, you will already have a healthy start to your day; you will have that thought in your mind as you open your refrigerator to grab some breakfast. Instead of grabbing a bagel with cream cheese, your conscience will implore you to heat up some oatmeal instead… maybe throw some fruit in the mix for that sweet flavor! This behavior will definitely carry on in the afternoon, since you won’t want to ruin your health streak of the day.
Start your day off correctly! Workout in the AM and enjoy the grind; take solace in the fact that you are doing what many won’t. The only person stopping you from being great is YOU!
Thanks for reading everyone! Comment, share, and let me know what other reasons there are that you thought should have made the cut. There could be a part two!